Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: My Press has Arrived!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    After having received two broken presses in the mail I finally have a perfect, never been used new one. It is so beautiful, not a scratch on it. I have kept all of Felicity's clothes and accessories in boxes in the closet. Now I have everything set up in the press next to her bed and night stand.
    I am so excited. So is Felicity and Elizabeth. They are having hot chocolate and bundt cake and celebrating Felicity's new furniture.

    Some things are worth the wait!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! I know you are so pleased. Enjoy!

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! The clothes press is lovely! You're lucky to get one! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you. I feel very fortunate. My DH knew how much I wanted one and helped me out. After having had two broken ones I asked this Ebay seller to have it professionally packaged and shipped. It was worth the extra dollars. My holidays came early this year. Thank you dear DH.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fabulous, congratulations! I finally broke down and bought one on ebay earlier this year. It arrived destroyed, seller made good right away, and the second one arrived in perfect condition. I love it! I am going to take a careful look at the new press at AGPNY; I'm lucky to be able to get in there. But from what I've seen of it so far, it doesn't wow me. I hope to hear opinions here.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You were very lucky. My first seller didn't put enough insurance so I could only recover the amount of the press, not the shipping charge. I asked her to share the shipping charge and she refused. I am still waiting to hear from the PO about the second press. I may have a problem because the seller did not pack it properly, even after I told them what happened the first time. I really think the heavy furniture pieces should be doubled boxed and shipped by UPS or FedEx. I have had problems with furniture pieces before. Some sellers don't package them properly.

  7. #7
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    How heavy is Felicity's original Clothes Press? I've never thought about it much, but it does seem like it would be quite a job to get it properly packaged and shipped without getting hurt. I really would like Lissie's old Press, but I know I'll never be able to afford ebay $$. I'm hoping the new Press will be sufficient for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •